We are HUGE fans of Tuckerton Seaport and have had the opportunity to visit several times in the past few years. We’ll be up again for their Privateers and Pirates Festival on June 7 (check out our experience from last year!). In addition to Privateers and Pirates Day, Tuckerton Seaport has a jumpin’ calendar all Summer long with fun events you won’t want to miss. Here’s a quick rundown:
RFA Bass River Summer Flounder Tournament/Privateers and Pirates Festival: June 7, 2014
- Get some fishing in this year and then check out All. Things. Pirates! Learn the difference between privateers and pirates and then—be one. Pirate history—authentic and make-believe—plus a treasure scavenger hunt, costume contest, and pirate craft activities. Enjoy the crew of the Valhalla Pirates with historic pirate entertainment. “Pirates for Sail” live band, Grog Garden and tasty food vendors. General Admission applies.
On-line Auction: June 14-July 14, 2014
- With over 200 items on the auction block, the Seaport’s Annual On-line Summer Auction is a great way to support educational programs right here on the Jersey Shore while also getting some incredible deals on vacation packages, tickets to local attractions, dining gift certificates and VIP experiences.
Baymen’s Seafood & Music Festival: June 21 and 22, 2014
- Enjoy delicious Jersey fresh clams, crabs, scallops, and shrimp from the finest local seafood purveyors. Micro brew court. Crafters, vendors, music, food, refreshments, family activities, demonstrations, boat rides, boat builders and decoy carvers. Speak with commercial fishermen to learn about occupations on the bay or take a clam shucking class. Bring the family and plan to spend the day. Music from local favorites: The Mott’s Creek Pickers (Saturday) and The Billy Walton Band (Sunday). Selected as one of the Best Outdoor Festivals by NJ Monthly Magazine. Presented by the Jersey Shore Folklife Center. General Admission applies.
Roots Music Festival: June 28 and 29, 2014
- The Tuckerton Seaport is thrilled to host the Roots Music Festival on June 28th & 29th. Kick back for two great days of music, wine tasting, food, crafters, vendors, demonstrations & activities. Live roots music from The Billy Walton Band, Ryan and the Blue Hearts, James Day and The Fish Fry, Steve Guyger, The Keystone Swingbillies, Snake Brothers, Home Cookin’, and Zydeco-a-Go-Go. Uncork some fun and enjoy a perfect afternoon of wine tasting from some of NJ’s finest wineries Di Matteo, Tomasello, and Valenzano. Complimentary wine glass included. Try free samples from the barbecues of best local barbecue cooks and vote for your favorite. $20 day / $15 members; two-day combo pass $30 / $25 members. Pre-sale special! Buy two-day combo in advance and receive free reserved parking.
Fourth of July Celebration: July 4, 2014
- Parade followed by children’s activities, baby parade, entertainment. Fireworks over the lake at dusk. This event is FREE!
Sunshine Foundation Fishing Tournament and Family BBQ: July 12, 2014
- Check back on the Tuckerton Seaport events calendar for more info in the near future.
Tuckerton Seaport Celebration & Fundraiser: August 12, 2014
- Tuckerton’s premier fundraising event features endless hors d’oeuvres and entertainment by the Billy Walton Band!
With it’s close proximity to both New York City and the New Jersey beaches, Tuckerton Seaport needs to be on your Summer Bucket List! The only question left to answer is: which events will YOU be going to?
This post originally appeared on Real Mom Media on May 30, 2014.