Cancer is everywhere. It’s scary, sad and unfair all at the same time. However, we can’t just get up and walk away from it. We have to hear more and more about it. Day in and day out. There is always someone struggling with the wrath of cancer and the trauma and fear that families face dealing with it. Except for skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer in women.
Here I am, 41 years old and I’m beyond disappointed in myself. I am ashamed to say it. However, I have never had a mammogram. Ever. At least that I can remember in my near distant past. I’ll be totally honest with you. My front side is 1/20th my backside. I have zero breasts. Totally not making an excuse just sharing why I haven’t actually thought about it. I considered being boobless means no breast cancer potential. Totally ignorant, right? I should know better. However, I am reminded that it’s never too late to take care of your health first.
Fundraise with me! I’m walking in the Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure in San Francisco on Sunday September 30th starting at 8:30 PM. I’ve walked this race in the past and my memories are clear as day. It was a fall day in Chicago. The weather was lovely and I walked a whopping 8 miles that day!! Fortunately for the race in San Francisco it’s just a 5K. (Fortunately for ME that is. lol #OutOfShape)
Here’s a cool discount for you to join me in the Race for a Cure with our friends at ValPak! They are being held all over the country so no excuses! ahem. Visit the registration page and use the code “DealPro” (it is case sensitive). This entitles you to receive $5 off your race or walk registration.
How has cancer affected you and your family?
By the way – I’m working with Valpak on this project. Check out some of the amazing things their doing to fight breast cancer….
- Valpak has joined the community of bold companies that share in the vision of Susan G. Komen for a world without breast cancer. To amplify awareness around this common vision, Valpak will turn its Blue Envelope pink this October during Breast Cancer Awareness Month while also working to raise local awareness within the communities that they serve and funds in support of the fight to end breast cancer.
- The partnership has been developed to support women and men who have or will develop breast cancer in their lifetime and their loved ones and families.
- In 2018, Valpak will donate at least $50,000 to Komen and will encourage donations and support activations through local and corporate partners.
- Join the Valpak team and race for the cure in your community while celebrating survivorship and honoring those who have lost their battle with the disease.
About Susan G. Komen:
Susan G. Komen®’s mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
About the Race:
- The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series is the world’s largest and most successful education and fundraising event for breast cancer ever created.
- The series of 5K runs and fitness walks raises significant funds and awareness for the breast cancer movement, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.
- The Komen Race Series welcomes people of all ages and fitness levels, from walkers to elite runners.