This AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) is made by and between the writer (herein called the “Writer”) and RealityMoms.Rocks (herein called the “Website”).
In consideration of the mutual promises contained herein, the parties agree as follows:
1.Work to be Performed: The Writer will write and submit article(s) to Website for consideration. The Website reserves the right to deny submission and/or edit and abridge as necessary.
2. Compensation: The Website agrees to pay Writer based on unique page views as determined by Google Analytics. Pageviews are calculated for 30 days following the date of publication for a single post and are paid via PayPal or Venmo according to the following scale:
*0-2499 unique page views = $0.00
*2500-4999 unique page views = $15.00
*5000+ unique page views = $50.00
The Website has sole discretion to decide which article(s) submitted by the Writer is/are to be published. The Writer will not receive compensation from the Website for unique page views or syndication to third party publications beyond the first 30 days.
3. Copyright: By submitting work to the Website, the Writer warrants that the work belongs to him/her, is accurate to the best of his/her knowledge, and does not infringe on any copyright. Any article(s) found to be in violation of this term are not eligible for compensation. The Writer grants the Website Non-Exclusive Rights to the work for an indefinite period, including the right to syndicate the work to third-party publications.
4. Independent Contractor: The Writer is an independent contractor, and nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed to (i) give either party the power to direct and control the day-to-day activities of the other, (ii) constitute the parties as partners, joint ventures, co-owners or otherwise, or (iii) allow the Writer to create or assume any obligation on behalf of the Website for any purpose whatsoever. Writer is not an employee of the Website and is not entitled to any employee benefits. Writer shall be responsible for paying all income taxes and other taxes charged to Writer on amounts earned hereunder. All financial and other obligations associated with Writer’s business are the sole responsibility of the Writer.
5. Confidentiality: The Writer shall not disclose any information he or she discovers about the Website’s business, technical operations, future plans, published and unpublished work both produced and not produced by the Writer, data, and other operations specific to the Website to any party or entity at the time of and following this contract’s duration.
6. Choice of Law: The laws of California shall govern the validity of this Agreement, the construction of its terms and the interpretation of the rights and duties of the parties hereto.
7. Assignment: The Writer shall not assign any of their rights under this Agreement, or delegate the performance of any of their duties hereunder, without the prior written consent of the Website.
8. Indemnification: Writer shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Website and its affiliates, its licensees, successors and assigns, and each of its officers, agents, and employees from all liabilities or losses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to the Website’s exercise of the rights granted herein.
9. Termination: The Website reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time without prior notice to the Writer. In the event of termination of this agreement, the Website agrees to pay the Writer compensation the Writer has earned up to, but not beyond, the date of termination.
10. Entire Agreement: This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement and understanding of the parties relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any prior discussions or agreements between them. No modification of or amendment to this Agreement, nor any waiver of any rights under this Agreement, shall be effective unless in writing signed by the party to be charged.