You spent your life planning, working and living. Doing the things you love. Building irreplacable memories with your family. All the while, your house became a home. Your home is probably one of the first things that you ever purchased as an adult. And maybe you didn’t even realize at the time just how significant that purchase would be. Sure, it was a big purchase, a big financial decision. But it is so much more than that now. A home is where important life memories are made, where family and friends can gather, and where you can enjoy a sense of safety and comfort.
But what happens when it all goes wrong? No one wants to think about it, but it can happen to anyone. Yes, I am talking about the nauseating word, foreclosure. Although you thought you had it all together, and you probably did, anything can happen. Job layoffs, illness, injury. So many variables. Most of these things are virtually out of your control. Don’t let this get the best of you – there is help available!
Don’t go through this alone!
Through the federal Making Home Affordable (MHA) program, 1.8 million families have received much-needed help by reducing their monthly mortgage payments an average of nearly $500/month.
The deadline to apply for mortgage help through MHA is Friday, December 30, 2016.
While the end of the program is quickly approaching, don’t worry—there is still time to gather your information and apply. Homeowners who submit an application on or before December 30, 2016 will still be considered!
Making Home Affordable can help homeowners:
- Identify the situation – MHA has a solution that can fit your needs, you just have to figure out which one best describes you.
- Explore program options – There are several program options to choose from to help you get the best support and avoid foreclosure.
- Prepare what will be needed – a comprehensive list of the documents required to support your application.
- Apply for the right solution – The sooner you apply, the sooner you can get help!
If you’re struggling to make your monthly mortgage payments, call 888-995-HOPE (4673) ™. Housing experts are available around-the-clock (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) at no cost. They will help you understand your options and design a plan to suit your individual situation. You can also visit MakingHomeAffordable.gov to access free resources and information to help deal with your mortgage problems and avoid foreclosure.
With less than 3 months remaining to apply for help through MHA, we need your help spreading the word to the approximately 1 in 17 homeowners nationwide who have fallen behind on their mortgage payments, putting them at a higher risk of foreclosure! Please help us spread the word. You never know who you know that might be struggling to pay their mortgage and could use this help.
Share on social media:
- #DYK the Making Home Affordable Program ends in 2016? Here are 4 things you need to know from @MHA4You #KeepYourHomehttp://bit.ly/2aJ3JvE
- MHA ends December 2016. 4 things you should know about the application deadline from @MHA4You #KeepYourHomehttp://bit.ly/2aJ3JvE
- Having trouble making your mortgage payments? Get help through @MHA4You: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzo40F7l3xQ#KeepYourHome
- 1 in 17 U.S. homeowners have fallen behind on their mortgage payment. Making Home Affordable can help struggling homeowners reduce their monthly mortgage payments & avoid foreclosure. Call 888-995-HOPE (4673) or visit MakingHomeAffordable.gov to learn more. [image]