Did you know January 23rd is National Pie Day??
Throughout the month of January we’ve been trying to keep warm with easy Crockpot meals on What’s Cookin’ With Mo Rose. When I saw that #NationalPieDay fell on a Tuesday I had my fingers crossed that I could find a way to make a pie in a crock pot. Then I realized…what’s one of the BEST winter comfort meals?? Chicken Pot Pie!!
And even better, this recipe can feed 4-6 adults and it costs less than $10.
***WHAT’S COOKIN WITH MO ROSE ***
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie on #NationalPieDay
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 lbs of skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 cans (10.75 oz. each) cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12-16 oz) bag of mixed frozen veggies (your choice) or mix and match your favorites
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup of water (or use milk to make it creamier)
- 1 TBS poultry seasoning
- 1 package refrigerated biscuit dough
- 5 or 6-quart slow cooker
- Place the chopped chicken breast on the bottom of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. Top with soup, vegetables, poultry seasoning and onion.
- Pour milk over the soup mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours
- An hour before serving, place refrigerated biscuit dough on the top of chicken mixture.
- Replace the cover and cook until biscuits are cooked all the way through. ** For a more golden brown, crispy biscuit….preheat oven to 350, remove the crockpot insert and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown on top and cooked through.