I don’t know if I’m coming or going these days. I also know that life as I know it at this very moment is going so fast. So So So ohhh so fast.
I got all emotional tonight thinking about how fast my boys are growing up. I mean, I look at images of Boston and he’s a BABY. Then I realize he’s freaking seven years old now. SEVEN. Going to be in second grade. That’s just freaking crazy isn’t it?
So, of course as I was sitting on a flight with my two kids at 1 AM coming home….I realized I have a great post in my head!!! And it was this one. So without further ado (humor me will ya)? Check out what I learned on the Disney trip and tell me if I’m crazy, k?
17 Things I Learned at Disney Social Media Moms
1) I am obsessed with Vinylmation. Oh.My.Gosh. It started at #DisneySMMoms 2014 at Disneyland. And now? Put my credit card on lockdown!
2) Just because you THINK you know Disney, you don’t really know Disney until you use the MagicBands for the first time!!! Yeah. My poor family had a few things happen because of my failure to read directions and take the time to plan this trip. Ahem.
3) Order the MagicBands EARLY so you get a special delivery experience for your family! The MagicBands come with their names on them! They pick a color… all the awesome.
4) You know how Crocs have jibbetts? Yeah. The MagicBands have them too! I can’t thing of what their called for the life of me and my fingers are tired to look it up (ha. So lazy, I know.) But, if you figure it out – leave a comment and I’ll edit it!
5) It doesn’t matter how old they get, their imagination stays young. Yeah…. my kids scare me in that I don’t want them to ever stop ‘believing in the magic of whatever it may be’….and this trip reminded me that imagination shows no age.
6) One of the Disney resort properties has a GYSER!! Seriously. Boston and I took a wrong turn (yes, on a boat—don’t ask.) and we ended up at The Wilderness Resort and it was SUPER cool!
7) My husbands snoring needs to be addressed by a professional. I know. Totally off topic—but I did learn that on this trip. Whoa. Still not addressed that one yet – but come back in a few.
8) The Orlando Airport for Southwest Airlines passengers is SO PAINFUL to get to the Magic Express! Seriously. I hate to be honest…but that’s nuts. I am a genius with directions and that got me all twisted. For the fifth time in a row!! So lost in that airport. Always remember to go to the OTHER SIDE of the airport after baggage claim to get to the Magical Express.
9) I. Am. In. Love. With. Donald. Driver. Oh heaven. Not like really—but on an emotional level. That man is charismatic, funny, made me laugh, made me cry, cried like a girl with me and tells the truth. Maybe he’s a great actor. I have no clue. But he killed it the second year in a row for me. He made the conferences BOTH times and for that I am grateful. The words he had to say was so personal and touching to me. It was exactly what I needed to hear at that time. That moment. I can’t even explain it in words. Especially when I have how many more things I have to share? Maybe that’s for a later post. We’ll see.
10) Being invited to this event was a bigger milestone in my life than when I got second place in the spelling bee in third grade (I still should have won David Kelch!) No but seriously…I was chatting with some amazing women on one of the bus rides about it. I’ve had the honor to attend it AND give my family memories that I only dreamed of as a kid. Fortunate.
11) It’s totally ok to break the rules of motherhood once in a while.
12) Playing hookie with your kid while riding Toy Story Mania 100 times is totally a cool thing to do. This changed my life. Again. The things I wish I could share! I stayed an extra day and kept Boston with me. We got to totally have a blast the extra day. That ONE extra day cost me…oh…
13) If you have any really young kids and you’re not sure where to take them—do Magic Kingdom first! This was a big fail on my part. I wanted to take Hudson because he’s in such an awesome Mickey loving stage—but we went to Hollywood Studios for my obsessed with Toy Story Mania older son!
14) Count your BLESSINGS. Seriously. So often I get to experience some super cool events. My family has had the time of their lives. And I can tell you that being able to experience Disney Social Media Moms Celebration is the highest of honors. It really reminded me that there is time in life that you just have to slow down. Be in the moment. Think of every big experience in life like it’s your last and your best!!
15) Walt Disney is my Homeboy. Remember the ‘Jesus is my Homeboy’ t-shirts that were hot in the early 2000s?? Yeah! That’s the best new design, I think! The more times I experience Disney the more attached to the story I feel! One man just dreamed this up.
16) Dance. Often. And don’t care if people watching think you’re nuts. Seriously. It’s the best thing ever to rock out to tunes and embarrass your kids. Seriously. DO IT!
17) Dare to Dream. I know it’s so freaking cliche. Sorry. But it’s SO TRUE! There is something to be said about a place that as soon as you step into the experience you’re constantly dreaming about life. Being a better person. Following that dream to the end of the rainbow. You can do anything if you put your dreams in motion. I’m sure Walt would agree… Dare to Dream!
This post originally appeared on RealMomMedia.