This past month my family and I were invited to take part in the mega grand opening of the new Fantasyland at Disney World! We had the best time ever. My sister came along to help while I had events to participate in and it turned out to be such a perfect time to visit.
We went to Disney in May for my four-year-old’s birthday and it was the very first time we had ever been there!
This is a super awesome place for any kid or family that has a Cars fan!
5 Reasons to Stay at Art of Animation Resort
- The resort comes to LIFE! There are three different areas at the hotel. Lion King, Finding Nemo, The Little Mermaid & Cars are fully decorated with life-size fun! We actually stayed in the Cars section and we couldn’t have been happier!
- An animation artist walks around the resort and makes awesome cartoon art out of soap water! Yes SOAP WATER! The guy that was doing it the entire time we were there was awesome with kids. He would strike up a conversation with kids and carry these tiny turtles in his pocket so when he asked the kids trivia question he had a little prize for them! It was super cute to see the kids’ at the resort interact with the artist. And to think he could draw Mickey out of soap water and a broom? Awesome!
- The Big Blue Pool is the largest pool on any of the Disney Properties! I loved spending time in the pool area. Thankfully the weather was perfect for us to sit out and catch some rays a bit in December. There are 3 pools on the grounds at this resort with this one being the largest of them all. What’s REALLY cool about this pool is that when you go underwater, you can hear your favorite Disney tunes! Underwater speakers belt out the amazing tunes from the Finding Nemo movie. There is also a Schoolyard Playground right behind the pool where the smaller kids and splash around on the really soft pads and fountains of fun.
- Staying in the rooms are like living in a movie! The areas of the hotel are so well thought out. I can really only speak of where my family stayed. The Radiator Springs section of the resort. Our room was PERFECT for us. There were four of us—three adults and one child. So for the Cars Family Suite we had two full-size beds & the pull out full-size couch. The bedroom has a spare bathroom with lots of space in the gorgeous stand-up shower. (GREAT shower head!) The dining table is a Murphy-type bed. (Can I tell you I’d LOVE to buy this for the play room in our house so we have a place for guests to stay!! LOVED it! Very comfy and perfect to give more space in the rooms. Everything in the suite is something you might see in the movie.
- Free and fast transportation to all the parks. This is a great perk with any of the Disney resorts. Their transportation system is outstanding!!! But we barely had to wait for any of the busses when we were there. Either going to the parks or returning to the resort. A HUGE plus.
This post originally appeared on Real Mom Media.