We are so excited to launch our new #RealityMoms collaborative project and need your help! We have made a suggested shot list for contributor video to get you started as well as some helpful shooting tips. (Submit video!)
If you are in the Toronto, Canada area and are interested in us coming to film with you, let us know!
- What is the most ridiculous thing your child has said in public and how did you deal with it?
- For mothers of daughters – what did you want to be when you grow up and did you achieve it? If no – what stood in your way?
What does your daughter want to be? Is it feasible? Do you support her?
- Musical influences. Did your parent’s music influence you and your life? Are you a Johnny Cash fan because your dad was? What are you passing on to your children? Are your kids Slipknot fans because you are?
- Confessions of motherhood videoblogs: Show us your reality! Do you feel like you’re failing as a mom? Tell us about it.
- November is the time of year where we start gearing up for the holidays! What are some of your family’s holiday traditions? Has there ever been a time where things have gone awry? Have you had a Lampoon style Christmas or a thanksgiving bird explode? We want to hear all about it while you are dressed your favorite ugly holiday sweater! (Deadline for submissions is November 10, 2016)
- December is Hanukkah / Christmas / Kwanzaa and a myriad of other holidays! What’s the gift you are dying for this year? What’s the worst gift you’ve ever received? What are you getting for your kids? Are you brave enough to do this while wearing a blinking reindeer head piece? (Deadline for submissions is December 10, 2016)
- January is a brand new year! What is your new year resolutions? How about last year? Have you been able to keep your resolutions? If you did, what is your secret to doing so? (Deadline for submissions is January 8, 2017)
- February is the dead of winter and we are dreaming about beaches or snowy mountains. What vacation are you planning for your family? What is the best family vacation you have ever had? What is the worst vacation you’ve ever had? (Deadline for submissions is February 8, 2017)
The deadlines are posted above, but we will start reviewing and using your footage as it comes in , so submit early!
Shooting & Uploading Tips:
- DSLR quality footage is strongly preferred. (Higher quality footage will not be turned away.)
- Please no visible logos on clothing and products (no nike or adidas across your chest please!).
- Ideal clips are one minute or less.
- Please do not stand underneath florescent lights or put your back right up to a window.
- De-clutter the background, otherwise the viewer isn’t sure where they should be looking
- Please avoid wearing black or white shirts or shirts with really loud patterns. Blue, green, brown and gray are the new black!
- If using mobile phone, please shoot in horizontal mode, Vertical video will not be used.
If you have any questions or are in the Philadelphia or Toronto areas and interested in arranging a shoot, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: we can not accept any videos clips on this email. Review our licensing agreement and fill out the form below to submit your content.